Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 5

Almost a week under our belts!  Lots of learning that's for sure!
Breakfast- Homemade pancakes made with coconut milk (they turned out squishy, not sure why.), fresh strawberries.
Lunch- Me- salad (same as yesterday plus tomatoes), I added cheese, turkey taco meat (the seasoning did contain sugar.) and tortilla chips.  I used salsa for dressing.  The girls had hard shell tacos with turkey taco meat, cheese and sour cream.

Snack-Me- Cashews, sesame sticks, sunflower seeds and 2 clementines.  Kendra- dried apricots, a couple strawberries, string cheese and a few almonds. Riley- Veggie Chips, strawberries, string cheese and cheddar puff-corn.

Dinner-Homemade fries (olive oil and whole grain Italian Seasoned bread crumbs.  I do the "shake and bake method to coat the potatoes in oil then crumbs.  Bake 450 until crisp and tender), pigs in a blanket (I made homemade cheddar biscuits instead of crescent rolls since they probably contain sugar. I wrapped Hebrew National hot dogs with the biscuits. (The biscuits turned out really good!  Kendra said we should make them like that all the time), salad (the same), "Trader Joe's sparkling pomegranate flavored juice beverage" (Ingredients: sparkling water and juice concentrates.)

The girls reward for another good day was a sucker.  I had a dried mango (I think I may be addicted to them!) and another clementine.  Later I had some tea with buckwheat honey.

Not a bad day overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment