Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 11

Happy birthday to me.

Breakfast- Cinnamon raisin bread.  I also had scrambled eggs at work and one of the kids in my class gave me an orange for a present (how sweet!)

Lunch- Spring break is over for Kendra and Riley so back to bag lunches we go.  Today I packed:
Pepperoni rolls, string cheese, dried mango, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, applesauce, cheddar puff corn, pita bite crackers (from Trader Joe's.  They taste just like saltines.) and a 100% juice box.  I usually pack water but have a couple juice boxes left from the Zoo.  The lunches seem big but I only pack about 6 cherry tomatoes, 2 or 3 strawberries, 5 crackers...you get the idea.  The kids don't have loads of time to eat so I try to give them a variety so I know they will be getting something healthy in them.  (Kendra did not eat her strawberries, tomatoes, cheese puffs or applesauce.   Riley did not like the crackers.  She also did not eat her tomatoes-strange, she loves those things.)  Riley also has an apple for snack.  I forgot to pack myself a lunch.  Lucky for me I had some soup left from last week.  I had Amy's Pasta and 3 Bean.  It was very good.  I also had some green beans, triscuits and cheddar cheese.

Snack- We had pears, triscuits and cream cheese.

Dinner- Pete wanted to take me out for my birthday and of course I couldn't say "I'm sorry honey, I'm on a diet."  I picked Q-cumbers.  I told the girls they could eat whatever they wanted but to be wise in their decision making.  Kendra tried their egg roll (I had a bite-not worth fudging), bread stick, pasta with cheese and a salad.  She made a small sundae for dessert.  Riley had salad and fruit.  She tried a bread stick but didn't like it.  She also had a small sundae.  I had a huge salad (spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, green peppers, edamame, sunflower seeds and 1-2 Tablespoons of their buttermilk ranch (I looked at the oils and vinaigrettes and decided I was going to choose buttermilk ranch for my "treat" of the day-yummy!) I also had some stir fry.  I had watermelon and grapes for dessert.

Snack- Kendra was in charge of snack for her class at church tonight.  She brought cheese and crackers and dried mango.  They made cookies as an activity. She said they smelled SO GOOD, and were warm, but she only had a nibble.  That's dedication!  Riley had giant pretzels and cheese-its.  I am certain those have sugar of some sort in them, but at least snack wasn't cookies or some other sugar loaded snack.

When we got home we had my birthday cupcakes with a little of each frosting on them.  I don't know if I was craving a sweet treat or if sitting overnight helped, but the frosting tasted better than last night.  Kendra loved it and didn't think it was weird or anything-hurrah!  I also had some raisin bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment