Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 9

Tobin slept 5 hours straight last night!!!!  I feel like a new woman!

Breakfast- Kendra had matzo and cheese and a banana.  We all had oatmeal.  Riley and Kendra sweetened theirs with honey and cinnamon.  I sweetened mine with a banana and a touch of honey.

Snack-We went for a walk and picked up Ambrosia Apples at Kowalskis (yum!), dried mango.

Lunch- I had a pb and honey sandwich on Ez. bread, tuna pasta salad and a pb ball.  Kendra had tuna pasta salad a butter sand. on Ez bread, string cheese and a pb  ball.  Riley had a butter and honey sandwich on Ez. bread string cheese and a pb ball.

Dinner- Tacos!  I seasoned the ground beef myself with onions, tomato sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano and salt & pepper.  I warmed up a can or organic re-fried beans, made some brown rice, salsa and grated some cheese.  We ate it with taco shells and organic tortilla chips.  We drank sparkling blueberry juice (Trader Joe's-yum!)

Dessert- Kendra and Riley made peanut butter balls and almond butter balls.  They rolled some of each in chia seeds, unsweetened coconut and sunflower seeds.  We should be good in the chocolate-peanut butter "candy" department for a while.

I'm making homemade bread for lunches this week.  Kendra requested pepperoni rolls (she tried a sample at the bread shop one time and has been asking for them ever since.)  (The pepperoni I have unfortunately has dextrose in it.  I need to use it up then I'll search for some at the Whole Foods store to see if there are any sugar free options.)  Hopefully the bread turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment