Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 6

Breakfast- Kendra, leftover pigs and a blanket.  Riley, cold cereal.  Me, cereal with coconut milk.

Lunch- Kendra had a cheeseburger with homemade bread and mustard, vegetables and leftover homemade fries.  Riley had a butter and raw honey sandwich on homemade bread, tortilla chips and vegetables.  I had a cheeseburger on homemade bread with mustard and ketchup (I need to make homemade ketchup since I seem to be needing to eat it on stuff.), salad (same as last night) and homemade oatmeal raisin cookies (I had to test them!)
Leslie and I had to shop for our afternoon activity so I picked up a few items for home.  I knew I needed more brown rice syrup and thought I'd get some more honey too.  What did we find upon entering the store?  A display with local honey for sale!  Not only that but if you bought the big jug or the spun honey you got a cute little bottle of honey for free (in the shape of a bear, how cute!) 

Snack was our downfall today.  The activity at TLC was "Iron Chef".  It was a ton of fun.  There were 2 teams of 10 kids cooking 3 dishes with the secret ingredient, oranges.  When all the dishes were finished and presented everyone got to taste and "judge" (the kids had great positive feedback for each other.)  Kendra, Riley and I tried most all of the dishes and some did contain sugar.  It was a great activity and only now am I realizing we forgot to take pictures, bummer!  The recipes the kids chose and made were:
Orange-Apricot Crescent rolls
Orange Frosts (similar to an Orange Julius)
Orange Citrus Bars (too much sugar but really good, I'm going to try to "healthify" this recipe)
Orange-Scented Couscous (Surprisingly very good.)
Citrus-Yogurt Sundaes

Dinner- Riley went to a friend's house for the night and had DQ for dinner.  Kendra and I stopped at the bookstore coffee shop for some Mother Daughter time and had an "Izzy" and one Godiva strawberry truffle each (very yummy, but I sure feel guilty for eating so much sugar today.)  I had a butter and spun honey sandwich for dinner.  Kendra wasn't hungry after trying all the Iron Chef food she opted to not eat any dinner.

Snack-Me, another cookie a banana and some carrots.  Kendra, carrots.
I'm hoping to be completely sugar free tomorrow!
On a side note, I'm pondering a second challenge for this month.  De-cluttering a little bit every day.  We'll see what tomorrow brings I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment