Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 17

Breakfast-  Today was the Family Breakfast at the daycare for Week of the Young Child.  They had egg bake, cantaloupe, blueberries and strawberries.  The egg bake had hash browns (dextrose is in the ingredients), sausage, peppers and mushrooms.  I had the veg. one, Kendra had the sausage one and Riley had cheese.  I also had some ketchup on mine, no commercial ketchup is sugar free :( but I figured since I already fudged with the hash browns I may as well have a little ketchup too.

Snack- My homemade cookies, dried fruit and granola.

Lunch- I had leftover stir fry.  The girls had the usual.  Kendra had a soft pretzel at school for her one treat of the day.

Snack- We had string cheese.  I also had rice cakes with almond butter.

Dinner-  I made salmon cakes and brown rice.  Riley doesn't like fish so she had pb and all-fruit on a leftover bun from our burgers.  I usually don't make her something different from the rest of us, but she really dislikes fish.  I remember feeling the same way as a kid.  I've had her try it numerous times and feel she can wait a while before having to try it again. 

Snack-  I am feeling very hormonal tonight and wanted sugar BAD!  I had a frozen banana with chocolate chips (the non sugar ones) and peanut butter.  I feel better! 

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, that snack sounds delicious! Way to treat yourself deliciously without the sugar! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete