Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 23 and New China

Breakfast- Scrambled eggs with cheese.  Cinnamon raisin bread

Snack-  Plain yogurt with All-fruit.  Dried fruit.

Lunch-  The girls had pepperoni rolls, a sugar free cookie, cucumbers, string cheese, mixed nuts, tortilla chips and V8 Fusion.

Snack-  I had hummus, Sticks-n-Twigs, cheese and Triscuit.  The girls had fresh strawberries and pears.

Dinner-  Beef stir fry & rice on my new china. Grape juice concentrate with sparkling water. Warm cinnamon chocolate cake for dessert.  (Yummy esp. warm!  I just added 1+ tsp. cinnamon to my whacky chocolate cake recipe.  I used coconut sugar for the sweetener.)

The New China Story

I took a class at Church based on Devi Titus's book "The Table Experience".  (Which is how I got connected with "Healthy Families For God" and how I wound up doing this whole 30 day no sugar challenge in the first place!)  Anyway!  In one of the classes as we were talking about making the table look nice and inviting so your family and/or guests feel welcome and special.  The conversation turned to China and how girls don't register for China anymore.  I said "I only got one place setting of my China.  I pull it out for birthdays and the birthday person gets to use the China."  One of the ladies in class felt led to get me the rest of my China.  Everyone pitched in and they surprised me with 7 place settings last night at a Women's event at Church.  I was in awe that anyone would do something like that for me (esp. with my crabby attitude lately.)  If I can figure out how to post a photo I will show a picture of our dinner tonight on our new China.  I am truely blessed.  It just goes to show that even though I am feeling crabby and undeserving, God loves me enough to bless me with pretty dishes!!!
Nothing about our lives is insignificant to God.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome and amazing - Yeah! God! and Yeah! Church Friends!

    ReplyDelete