Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 16

Breakfast-  We had cinn. raisin/dried plum bread with butter.

Snack- Mango smoothie.  Dried fruit and granola.

It's the Week of The Young Child this week (a week to celebrate children and those who care for them.)  I walked into the office today and groaned, there on the counter were caramel rolls, chocolates and cookies.  I resisted all day though!  I think I'll bake some sugar free cookies to share tomorrow!

Lunch-  For the girls I packed:  Pepperoni roll, string cheese, freeze dried veg. (they are very good, not what I was expecting at all.), dried fruit, pretzels, 100% juice & a vanilla cupcake.  For myself I have salad, a pastie, dried fruit & veg.  Riley had an apple too.

Snack-   I had a grapefruit and 2 rice cakes with almond butter.

Dinner- Rice noodles and chicken stir fry.  It turned out really good.  I pretty much raided my fridge for veg. to cook.  I used: purple cabbage, carrots, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, jicima (it cooked up like water chestnuts!), onion and frozen corn.  I used olive oil, water and Bragg's Aminos (tastes like soy sauce.) to cook everything in.

Dessert/snack- The girls ate frozen fruit. I had some raisin bread. 

I baked some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with my new chocolate chips.  I used a basic oatmeal raisin cookie recipe but used coconut sugar and molasses instead of sugar.  They turned out dark, both in flavor and color.  Pretty good though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment